Friday, August 8, 2008

Broken Social Scene's Brendan Canning Names Dat Dere as His Favourite Show

Favorite Radio Show at the Moment
I just found out my DJ got fired! The local college station here, CKLN-FM, this older African woman named Chloe Onari, who had a show called "Dat Dere". There's some weird changes going on at the station, and she got canned, I guess for expressing certain views on the radio station. I have to find out about this; I have to get to the bottom of this. The replacement DJ just fucking blows. I don't mind the odd soca tune, but she would play...like, she loves Cecil Taylor, you know, she would play the most far-out jazz, and then play some schmaltzy, soulful R&B. And then just go everywhere, all over the map kind of thing...
- Brendan Canning of Broken Social Scene

Read the rest of the article at Pitchfork Media.


No comments: